Along with the Ducati Monster 796 comes a new variation on the Monster Art theme. Where last year’s art project offered the ability to quickly and cheaply change the color of your Monster with clip-on tanks, tail-pieces, fenders and bikini fairings, this year’s Logomania adds classic color schemes and logos to the mix. The project makes a huge amount of sense; Monster customers love to customize their bikes and despite its awful new puffy heart logo, Ducati has a huge catalog of past logos, color schemes and racing heritage to draw upon. Combine the two and you have a simple, smart way to both give the Monster range more appeal and squeeze some cash out of existing owners.
There’s 10 new color schemes on offer:
- “Giallo Ducati” Ducati Yellow
- “Lilla Glamour” Lilac
- “Arancione Scrambler” Ducati Scrambler Orange
- “Ducati Corse” Inspired by the new Ducati Corse logo
- “Imola 72″ In honor of the Imola 200 winning 750SS
- “Darmah” Modeled after the legendary black and gold striping of the late seventies.
- “Isle of Mann 79″ A tribute to Ducati’s 1978 Senior TT Win
- “Pantah” Ducati’s iconic logo from the eighties
- “Mach 1″ A vibrant red in the spirit of the 1960′s
- “Sport 100″ A historic blue from Ducati’s of the past