They fixed the tail! One of legendary auto spy photographer Brenda Priddy’s minions managed to snap a couple photos of the Brammo Empulse R as it appears to be undergoing a commercial shoot. The photos, available on AutoMedia, reveal a bike that’s predictably similar to the concept version from two years ago, just here with the tiniest of tiny tail pieces, upright flat bars, a bellypan, and yes Virginia, pillion pegs. The Empulse R is expected to be the first electric motorcycle capable of exceeding both 100mph and 100 miles in range.
Looking at this photo of the Brammo Empulse concept next to the new production model, the few changes they made are immediately obvious. With the aid of Harry “Brammofan” Mallin, we put together this list:
- The shock is now virtually horizontal.
- The “tank” transitions from organic curves to angular edges.
- Battery covers are now silver instead of yellow.
- The old Daytona front end is swapped for similarly functional USD forks/radial calipers.
- Sexy clip-ons are replaced with functional flat bars.
- The tail/plate hanger/light is actually nice to look at now.
- Pillion pegs!
- A larger belly pan now incorporates the radiator.
- a conventional hugger replaces the whacky rear-mount item.