Think of the AGV Corsa as a Pista for the common man. Same radical new shape, same huge visor port, same aerodynamics and ventilation, all at a price more similar to that of the current GP-Tech, which it replaces. Here’s more photos and some new details on the helmet, which will go on-sale in the US this fall.
Rossi has this to say about the 1,250 gram Pista — “Great aerodynamics, it feels like I am not wearing a helmet. Excellent ventilation, it is really noticeable. Exaggerated visibility, like switching from the TV to the cinema.”
Compared to the pricier, $1,300 Pista, the Corsa ditches the all-carbon shell for a slightly heavier carbon/Kevlar/fiberglass weave. This should also help bring it in line with the $600 to $750 price of the outgoing GP-Tech.
And here’s some new details, straight from AGV:
1. Outer shell available in 4 sizes (fiberglass, Kevlar and carbon.)
2. IVS ventilation system (Integrated Ventilation System) with large channels in the shell and vents, which allow one directed towards the head of the pilot.
3. The spoiler has been designed to increase the safety of the helmet in case of an accident. (ie, it breaks away)
5. New visor mechanism with rotary slide opening. The visor can be removed in seconds without tools and replaced.
6. Removable neck roll.
7. Fully removable and washable inner liner.
8. Adjustable cheek pads.
9. Triple protected internal structure.
10. Inner shell of a three-dimensional breathable Lycra with concave structure, according to the morphological characteristics of the head in a single piece. Without seams at sensitive points, with different density sponges and adjustable fit The neck can be individually controlled by a removable sponge use.
11. Restraint system with dual D-belt.
12. Weight: 1350 g (+ / – 50 g) in size M
13. Sizes available in XS – XXL