Essentially a study in how beautiful the Ducati 999’s tank is, this Monser 900-based custom was actually built as a tribute to old Ducati racing single-cylinders. This cafe racer-ish bike is basically a mash up of all the most attractive Ducati parts from the last two decades. There’s the Monster steel-trellis frame, air-cooled ST2 v-twin, 916 wheels, 916-style swingarm and the aforementioned fuel tank.
Photos: Javier Fuentes
In the gallery you’ll find a picture of the 9 1/2 with its inspiration, the Nenzioni 450cc.
Here’s a complete list of the modifications:
- Modified Monster 900’97 frame
- M 900’97 fork
- Monster 900 carburators Single side swingarm kit
- M 900 front wheel
- 916 rear wheel
- Braking rear and front disc brakes
- Brembo PR19 brake pump.
- Frentubo blue kevlar brke lines
- ST2 engine (tuned) with injectors body throtle
- KN air filters
- 916 racing electrical wiring
- Aviacompositi rev counter
- ST2 original ECU
- Wolfman two independents exhaust tubes
- Lasser Megaphones E3 omologated J
- SP regulable footpegs
- Malagutti 500 water radiator
- MT03 alluminium modified front mudguard.
- 999 fuel tank with ergal quick open gas tap.
- RAD 02 Cafe Racer solo seat.
Tomaselli regulable alluminium clip ons.