KLIM Calls for Entries Cow Tag Off-Road Ride
Off-road gear manufacturer KLIM is celebrating the summer riding season, and supporting recreation and advocacy groups that keep our trails open, by inviting riders to a unique riding experience set in their own backyard: the Big Hole Mountain trail system in the Caribou Targhee National Forest of Southeast Idaho.
Thie one-day event will put riders on some of the best local trails, guided by maps and GPS tracks, in search for valuable Cow Tags. Individual riders will be challenged to collect as many or the most challenging (depending on your strategy) Cow Tags as possible, which can be exchanged for valuable raffle tickets. Those tickets will be used to enter for prize drawings at the end of the day.
The number of riders is limited to 350, registration fee is $85, which includes:
• Cow Tag Off-Road Ride T-shirt.
• Breakfast Saturday morning and dinner on Saturday evening. (Breakfast provided by Chick-fil-A)
• Maps and GPS tracks will be provided.
• All proceeds go to off-road recreation advocacy groups: Blue Ribbon Coalition and Idaho Falls Trail Machine Association.
• Sign-in packets to be collected at either KLIM Headquarters on Friday between 1:00-7:00 pm or 7:30 to 8:30 am Saturday morning of the Cow Tag ride at Kelly Canyon.
The goal of the ride is to collect Cow Tag identification numbers posted at various locations in the local riding area. These locations will be shown on the provided Trail Map and GPS tracks. Each rider will be responsible for collecting the Cow Tag number from the locations and taking a picture of themselves with the tag as verification.
Each unique Cow Tag number is worth a different amount of raffle tickets at the end of the day, with the closest and less-challenging tags worth fewer tickets than the tags posted at more challenging or more distant locations. At the end of the day, riders will decide where to invest their tickets based on individual raffles. Raffle winners will be chosen during dinner.
2017 KLIM Cow Tag Schedule:
• Sign-in Friday June 23th from 1:00 to 7:00 at KLIM HQ.
• Saturday June 24th sign in from 7:30 am to 8:30 am at Kelly's Canyon Ski Resort
• Saturday June 24th breakfast 7:45 am to 8:45 am (Provided by Chick-fil-A)
• Saturday June 24th riders meeting at 8:45
• Ride will start at 9:00 am
• Riders will need to check back in by 5:00 pm
• 5:00 to 6:30 redeem raffle tickets
• 6:30 to 9:00 Dinner and drawings of prizes
2017 KLIM Cow Tag Guidelines:
• Ride Respectfully! We’re here to promote and support Off-Road Trail Advocacy and the organizations that help us keep riding areas open. This is not a race or contest of speed.
• All bikes ridden in the area are required to operate with a U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrestor and must pass a 96 dB sound test (Half-Meter SAEJ1287).
• All bikes must display off-road registration to ride on Idaho trails. Idaho is a reciprocating state for off-road registration. As long as you have your local state’s registration displayed properly, you will be good-to-go.
• Due to the nature of the trails, any ATVs or 4-wheeled vehicles will not be accommodated.
• Registrations for the KLIM Cow Tag Off-Road Ride must be 18 years or older. $85.00
For questions about the event or the bike drawing please call 208-552-7433.
3753 County Line Rd, Rigby, ID 83442
2017 KLIM Cow Tag Ride Location:
Kelly Canyon Ski Resort
5488 Kelly Canyon Rd, Ririe, ID 83443
Donation Drive for Riders Unite: Win a 2017 Honda CRF450RX.
Help KLIM support Off-Road Trail Preservation and the Advocacy Groups fighting on the front lines for Off-Road Recreation and you could be riding a brand new Honda CRF450RX custom built by off road legend and Dirt Bike Test proprietor Jimmy Lewis to completely dominate the backcountry! Join or donate to the Blue Ribbon Coalition/Sharetrails.org today. Every qualifying membership and/or donation made during this drive will include chances to win.
KLIM is dedicated to off-road riders and off-road riding. Supporting the efforts to maintain and preserve our off-road riding areas is a top priority. To celebrate the riding season and to build support for one of our favorite off-road advocacy groups, we’re teaming up with the Blue Ribbon Coalition/Sharetrails.org and giving away a 2017 Honda 450RX.
• $30 Full Membership = three tickets/chances to win
• $20 Supporting Membership = two tickets/chances to win
Once you become a member or if you're already a member donate to Riders Unite.
• For every $10 Donation = one ticket/chance to win—no limit.
This is the perfect opportunity to get involved to keep your trails open. Help today! Visit Sharetrails.org for more information/opportunities.
• Raffle for the dirt bike will be given away at a later date which will be part of a larger Riders Unite initiative. Stay tuned!
• See full rules and regulations at Sharetrails.org/ridersunite