Be Part of the Race - MotoAmerica Seeks Track Volunteers
MotoAmerica is seeking volunteers to assist in the 2017 roadracing series and be part of the action in likely the most competitive and hard-fought championship to date in all five of the classes.
"Those who volunteer their time to MotoAmerica races add to the safe and efficient running of our events," said MotoAmerica Race Operations Manager Niccole Cox. "Like MotoGP and World Superbike, we use volunteers to help our staff, and our volunteers are a great group of people who are passionate about motorcycle racing in the US. We always try to have a little fun with our Volunteer BBQ, where a star rider joins us at each round, allowing the volunteers to break bread and have some very candid conversations with them.”
The 2017 series also features two new circuits to the MotoAmerica schedule: Sonoma Raceway (August 11-13) and Pittsburgh International Race Complex (August 25-27). Volunteer positions are available at all rounds for track, tire, and grid marshals, technical control, and registration staff. MotoAmerica will provide training, camping options, guest and parking passes, plus lunch on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at each event. Positions are available at all 10 rounds for track, tire and grid marshals, technical control, and registration staff.
• Track marshal: provides support with motorcycle recovery in the event of a crash or mechanical failure.
• Tire marshal: assists tire-control coordinator in paddock, hot pit, and grid to ensure competitors follow tire-allocation regulations.
• Technical control: supports technical director to certify racing motorcycles conform to rulebook.
• Registration staff: helps registration manager verify competitors, crew, media, and VIPs have appropriate credentials and parking passes.
• Grid marshal: assists chief steward help riders follow practice and qualifying procedures and make sure their motorcycles are positioned correctly on the grid for race starts.
2017 MotoAmerica Race Schedule:
Round 1 April 21-23: Circuit of The Americas – Austin, Texas
Round 2 April 28-30: Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia
Round 3 May 12-14: Virginia International Raceway – Danville, Virginia
Round 4 June 2-4: Road America – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Round 5 June 23-25: Utah Motorsports Campus – Tooele, Utah
Round 6 July 7-9: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – Monterey, California
Round 7 August 11-13: Sonoma Raceway – Sonoma, California
Round 8 August 25-27: Pittsburgh International Race Complex – Wampum, Pennsylvania
Round 9 September 8-10: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, New Jersey
Round 10 September 15-17: Barber Motorsports Park – Birmingham, Alabama
Volunteers can also stay up to date by liking and regularly visiting this Facebook page.
For more information: email@example.com 714/242-5954